Royal Children's Hospital Foundation Melbourne
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
This is a commission for a new and original work. Existing artworks and/or concepts will not be accepted as part of any application.
Submissions will only be accepted by artists who identify, and are identified by their community, as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person. In the case of an artist collective, all artists must identify and be identified as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
The public artwork is not intended to be a memorial of any kind.
Submissions will be assessed on:
- a clear concept that communicates ideas relevant to the project brief
- artistic merit as evidenced in the visual material provided
- demonstrated ability to work on signficant projects within timelines and budget
- previous relevant experience in the public realm
- demonstrated ability to create work that engages with a broad market
- demonstrated ability to work on permanent and durable work
- experience with materials of relevance to the proposed design
Sculptural and structural designs:
The successful proposal may need to be certified during the design development stage by a structural engineer for material and architectural strength. It is recommended that preliminary discussions with qualified engineers take place before the submission of this design proposal.